13 December 2010
11 December 2010
Posted by Nutloaf
I jammed a stick into the bottom of my iPhone and it gave me this
6 December 2010
I've just deleted my Paypal account because they've prevented anyone from donating to Wikileaks. It only took a few minutes and I had the chance to tell them why I did it.
5 December 2010
We had a L'Arche gathering a few months back. I wrote down some things to share with the people there.
- L'Arche needs something radical
- it has become a solution not a sign
- people don't participate because of the number of people the organisation can support
- Assistant movement should be symmetrical around the world
- one country shouldn't have all it's assistance provided by overseas assistants
- Core purpose of the community must be owned by the community (life in the houses)
- Community life must be imaginable
- without that there is no sign, it just becomes a funny and finite experiment
- At one point L'Arche definitely had something to say to the world, and people listened to that
- L'Arche is one radical idea, facilitated by an enormous and conservative structure and legacy
- What role do leaders have who exclude themselves from the possibility of full involvement in the community?
Probably won't make much sense out of context, but I suppose it's a summary of why I think L'Arche is struggling. I'd like to
rightwrite a proper something about my experience there some time.